Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby S. is almost 18 weeks

Friday was one of my 4 week appointments. I appear not to be on any sort of schedule other than every 4 weeks. Baby sounded great and this time I knew what I was listening for as he spends all of maybe 10 seconds checking out the heart rate. It sounds like a swooshing sound and not the beat, beat I was thinking last time. Blood pressure was great and my one ankle swelling up a little more than the other once in a while is normal in the heat. No cankles yet! And the one test they ran the other day was normal. AFP? Something about spina bifida I guess. Since it was normal I didn't get into it. He did go on some tangent when I asked about the ankles being different sizes. I had to laugh as I was not asking if he thought I had a blood clot, but I thought it was weird one swelled a little more than the other. A little. We go for the big ultrasound in about a week and half and seeing how insurance pays for it all I'm sure the doctor will find a reason to do at least a 3-D ultrasound. Got to make some money somehow because insurance pays so little. He also does the 4-D in the office. Not sure I'd want them to find a real reason to do that one.
I think the whole appointment lasted 5 minutes. Again fine by me. I thought for sure I'd start being put into the rotation of meeting the other doctors, but he is not doing that yet - another fine by me moment. Would rather not change at this point and have to spend more time getting to know another doctor. I mean in the end do I really care who delivers the baby from the practice and if we've met. Nope, because I'm going to guess they won't remember me anyway from the one appointment I might have with them. Again fine by me as they probably will end up living down the street or something equally crazy in this small town area. Tomorrow I will get Mark to take some pics - not looking so hot after a dip in the pool tonight.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

40 weeks seems like forever. Can't wait to find out if we have a niece or nephew.

Marjie said...

I check your little baby tv on the blog every day. Wish I could see your ultra sound video. Anxious to see what color sweater to knit!