Friday, June 10, 2011

a little busy?

And probably really distracted too! All week I've been snacking on edamame hummus and carrots at work. We have a little fridge in our office and it comes in handy for stuff like that. Yesterday was crazy busy and I didn't get lunch until 2:30. Since I knew that it would be late I had my snack mid-morning to tide me over. Today I went to look for the rest of it to polish it off and it was missing. Odd I thought because I know I didn't eat it all. Dang cleaning lady was my first thought. Then I figured in my rush to get all my stuff done I must have just tossed it in the garbage.
Nope... I put it in my desk drawer! Found it after lunch today when I went to snag a tea bag from my stash. You see I have this stash in my desk of breakfast bars, oatmeal, tea, chocolate covered cherries and random treats I hoard thinking I might want to eat them later. Why did I think that the hummus should go in the drawer is beyond me. And you're probably wondering why I have a food drawer in my desk. haha... hate buying stuff from a vending machine! Guess I'm lucky we don't have mice or rats. That was another job I had that problem at long, long ago...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Doesn't everyone have a food drawer to avoid vending machine food??

Katie said...

good point - it saves me money!