Friday, June 24, 2011

unexpected vacation at home

Having a feverish baby has led to two vacation days at home. This is a first.  I would have to say we've been super lucky that this is the first real illness that he's caught from daycare.  We always take off and travel for our vacation days so this has been interetesting to say the least. Since his fever has been gone since 4:00 pm Thursday he's back at full tilt with tons of energy.  That could be because I let him take a 3 hour nap this morning too. He did have 20 minutes of intense "you are cutting off my legs" crying last night, but other than that he's been a model sick baby.
Not sure what caused the crying because his fever was gone, but a bottle finally cured it. Must have had his appetite was back? Daycare won't take him until he's been fever free for 24 hours so we are now having some fun waiting for daddy to get home from his trip to California for work. I see some sun in the forecast for later this after noon so I'm hoping to take a walk on the bridge.

We had a chance to introduce the sippy cup yesterday and today. He's not keen on the apple juice and spits it out. Might as well just use water for now. Really don't want to put his formula in it - that stuff really gets stinky and gunky if I don't clean his bottle out right away so I can only imagine the things that would get stuck in the sippy cup. gross. The handle also makes a great teething toy. An expensive one at that. Multi-use cup I guess.

The rain has yet to let up making this a less than ideal "vacation". It's great for our pool which was in need of some more water. It's now full! Overfull if I was to ask the pool expert, which I'm not going to do. He's going to tell me it's low on chlorine too. hmmm... Since it's been cold I'm not overly worried. Lane is not a fan of the cold pool so we aren't going in it today therefore the fact it's low on chlorine is not a big deal. This is not a pool summer thus far. It's tempting to get a solar cover, but you need sun for that to work. What's that... haha
And here's my PSA... make sure you are up to date on your virus software and malware. I didn't know what malware was until this latest run in. Had a bit of an issue at work this week when I was on the New York Public Library website looking for ebooks to "check-out". Great website tip Andrea... problem is now I am afraid to go back there. It took the IT god 8 hours to get my computer back at work. Thank goodness I didn't try it at home! We are up-to-date with our AVG software, but still I would hate to test it out like that.

So now that we are getting a 4 day weekend at home I can't believe we will have another one next weekend too! Bring on the 4th of July. Weekends at home are rare these days with Grandpa Sens (Mark's dad) being sick. 10 hours a weekend in the car is a challenge. We won't trade that time with them and all the Rochester family for anything though!  Here is a photo from Father's Day....   Three generations of "Lawrence" Sens boys on Father's Day with Lane showing off his "Happy Feet of Lane" art.  Both daddy and grandpa got a copy for Father's Day.  Lane loved making them and was a really good sport about having his feet painted repeatedly throughout the weekend that daddy was in Arizona.
Time to think about lunch...  carrots for Lane and Frank's for me?  It's vacation after all right?

No comments: