Sunday, April 27, 2008
Goin' Green
Not only is my blog now green we have gone green with our grocery shopping. While I just love those plastic bags that collect under the kitchen sink (NOT!) we have moved onto reusable grocery bags. It the big thing around here - some villages even require them to be used. We are pretty close to granola cruncher land - don't be offended if you like granola - it's just my way of saying they like things natural and simple. I love granola - especially that from Real Food Cafe - I miss their banana granola pancakes quite badly. No one here can even close to them! Anyway I digress so back to the subject at hand (can you tell I had a so-so pancake breakfast today?)... They sell the reusable bags at the grocery store - great idea, but I've come to the conclusion that we are better off just investing in some decent tote bags that I can find on sale. Not only will they be more fashionable, but they will last longer and hold more. I will confess that I love the freezer food bag we bought - it really does work as it says. So now I have one more excuse to go shopping.... to find some new bags. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They sell those reusable tote bags at Dillons here but what do I use? The plastic bags, tons of 'em. Oh don't worry environmentalists... I reuse them, for each individual disposable diaper. hahahahaha!
I was just getting caught up on your blog and noticed that we had the same topic for yesterday. How crazy is that!! Good luck with goin' green!
Would you mind if I linked your blog from mine? It's public now right?
I made a shopping bag from two dish towels from the $ store. It is nice. A bit of work for a bag though. It is easy to collect bags. My favorite is my Ikea bag. Have had it for years, since we went in chicago. It holds a king size quilt when I am quilting.
Post a Comment