Sunday, April 13, 2008
What happened on this day ... April 12, 1945
Do you know what happened on this day in history? No you say? You weren't born yet and didn't pay attention in history class? Well we didn't know either and just happened to stop and visit this former President's birthplace and family homestead Saturday, April 12, 2008. Ok enough guessing.... we went to Franklin D. Roosevelts Library, Mansion, and for lack of a better decriptive word "woods on the river". It was time for a history lesson and I would recommend it for those who come visit - Mark might even take you and I will go at least one more time so I can go hiking in the woods again. Mark loves visiting these types of landmarks so now we have 3 down and I don't know how many more to go... Gerald R. Ford (GR) and Lyndon B. Johnson (near San Antonio). We are off to see some open houses so I will post the pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment