Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Daily Update

Hi Ryan - glad to see you found my blog - Mark reads them too - you'll have to teach him how to comment. Many times he reads Julie's before I do so I get the recap at bedtime. I could comment back to you all, but this is more fun. The kitchen cupboards are screaming red - shiny red. I think the walls were too or black. I can tell they've been painted many times. It's not a huge kitchen and it had good appliances so we are talking new counter tops, cupboards, and wall stuff like paint. I think the floor was fine. Mark is on the road for the week in New Hampshire so I've been entertaining myself. Tonight I met the cat sitter. She's interesting (possibly special needs, but she can drive and carry on a conversation so that works for me) and she's a cat lover so we'll be fine. Lives in the complex and comes highly recommended by the office girl. Brought them lots of toys and kitty nip. Of course they love her - I do too because she even plays with them when she cat sits. Might make them less mad at us when we return on Sunday. ha.
My exciting find of the day.... manicures. I was a bit bored after getting my piece of pizza for dinner - did I mention the pizza here is the bomb. Very good - haven't strayed far from Leo's so my mission is off center. Anyway as I was walking by the nail shop I saw "manicure - $12" - that's nuts so I decided to see if it was true - it was. They even sanitize the tools and honestly this has been the best manicure I've ever had. Even used OPI polish and clipped my cuticles and that's where she earned her tip. Next time I'm going whole hog and getting a pedicure too - together they are only $32. And let me tell you my toe nails are not so nice - still have the polish on from Vegas. LOL! Bad I know. They will take it off however. Bonus.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I played with the cats too!

Marjie said...

Counter top hint: in the motor home the tops are corian. There are two corian covers that go over the sink. It is so handy. I can hide dishes in the sink or use the tops for more counter space, or have one open for drinking water. Some RVs have a side for use as a cutting board and you can sand it down when it is cut up.

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

I'm jealous-a manicure and a pedicure for $32?!?! I wish there was some place like this around here!