Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's June!

Where did the spring go? It's officially warm here and the air is on! This weekend we went to Rochester to see Mark's family. His father is at home on the mend and awaiting a liver transplant. I did see some of his spunk coming back and had a few chuckles. Saturday night we went to a birthday party for great-aunt Lee - 85 is pretty young these days and she looks wonderful! It was fun to catch up with the cousins as well and snack on a sugar waffle at the Mendon Fair. Not sure if it's just a NY thing or not, but it's sort of like a fried Christmas snowflake cookie. I think only mom will know what this is. It was yummy.
The trip to Rochester took us through the Catskills and I know they must really be mountains because the up and down made my ears plug and pop - it was not fun with a cold or whatever - maybe allergies? Need to figure out what else is in the mountains - might be a fun spot to vacation sometime. There is lots of open space that's for sure. We had one good food stop at Speides, a bbq type rib joint in Binghamton, NY. The ribs were very good! Walked away with a bottle of bbq sauce too.
June is busy and I know it will be July before long. This weekend we go to Vegas. Mark for work and me for a few days of fun. He's gone until Friday and I'm in the city Friday night for an AQ Alumni gathering. The next Monday he's off again to Buffalo for the week and then on Sunday I leave for Chicago and an HR conference. From Chicago we go to Seattle for the family wedding. That brings us to the 4th of July and right now the plan is to spend it in New York City with some friends. Michigan might hit the list if only we can sell our house! Any one want a house in Grand Rapids?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I want your house, but the offer would be most insulting, based on what I can afford of course! :)