Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aquinas in the City

New York City that is! Friday night I went to the 3rd Annual NYC AQ Alumni Party. I wasn't sure what to expect except that I would see Sr. Alice. She's always fun to see and looks great still - I can't believe how many times she went to Ireland to teach. That would be a cool job in my opinion. Anyway... This year they moved it to someone's apartment and being that is was on the 27th floor near the river the views were amazing. I had the chance to go out on the tiny patio and look down - it's a long ways and then up - again a long ways. It was nice to sit donw then and get my balance. Being up on the bridge for some reason freaked me out more a few weeks ago. There was live music on the piano and wonderful treats to munch on. Interesting people too - met the editor of the Trenton Times, a dermatologist, and quite a few younger grads who are loving living in the city. Can't wait to see where we go next year! I'm hearing maybe they are coming to Chicago and having some sort of pizza party - now who has better pizza? Chicago or NY? I would have to say NY has great thin crust pizza and Chicago the thick crust, but I'm sure there are some other opinions out there.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Come to Chicago, I'll get you the BEST thin crust pizza ever! Then you can be the judge of NY vs. Chicago pizza.

Marjie said...

You have the most fun.