Vegas as usual was fun! While I was only there 2 days it was well worth it. We stayed at the Hilton because that's where the conference was and while it's not on the strip it's on the monorail so that to me is just as good. I don't think Mark thinks so, but I do. I've been asked for a food report and I can say I had 2 good Cobb Salads with ranch dressing. Both at our hotel. Not so adventurous when starving. We did dinner one night at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. It was a B. My steak was good, but I can make it at home I've decided. I'm going to start eating more fish since that I can't cook at home! I will say the rautollie (send on over the spelling cops) was yummy and it was something different - Mark picked it out even though she said it had eggplant in it and unknown to him I saw him eat several bites of it. I'm so proud of him! The bread was quite tasty and my wine was also good. It was quite dead when we first got there, but then a huge party of Japanese or Chinese were seated next to us and let me tell you they know how to eat! Each had an appetizer and veggie and at least the girls next to me split at 22 ounce steak. I wished I could have stayed to see all that food come! I've been told the Chinese love to gamble by a girl I work with. She is comped at the Belliagio and the Venetian when she goes so you can imagine how much she spends and she's only 24! What's up with that? She was all talky about it today -very funny! Enough about the food.
The highlight of the trip was my pool time. I love pools and this one was quite nice and almost kid free. Now I don't mind kids normally, but when they end up leaving brown floaters and puke in the pool I'm not a happy camper. I will say that the pool staff there was awesome and acted very quickly and had the pools open within an hour. Yes an hour. Needless to say I didn't dunk under water after they reopened it, but I did take quick dips to cool off. Did I mention my hair is now white? Kidding - it was very shocked however to clean up the bio-hazard accident and I'm sure my suit is a few shades lighter now. Now my biggest pet peeve about going on vacation somewhere that has a nice pool is that people hog the chairs with towels and a book or hat. Well not there - they will empty your chair if no one is in it after 30 minutes. They are very efficient and several of us had a good laugh. Being on my own I had plenty of time to people watch and listen. My favorite little converstation was among a group of ladies and one old man. He was all excited to see the drink girl approaching and they all started in on where is the cabana boy. The old man did a tarzan chest thump - very funny. They did have a good point as almost everyone in the pool area was there because there husband was there for the conference and we don't want to see chick in a bikini - we want the cabana boy. They would have sold many more drinks I'm sure. At $12.95 a pop that adds up fast!
My trip home was smooth and painless until the last leg. The leg from Vegas had live TV - live! I even got to watch the New York news at 6:00 pm. Mostly enjoyed HGTV however. I swear the men from "Grumpy Old Men" were sitting right behind me on the leg to Newburgh and I think they both needed hearing aids. What a one upping chat their medical issues and favorite pizza place. I know way more about old men and their issues that I thought I would ever learn. I'll spare you - but I will share that one was wearing plaid pants!!! To make it even more awful we had to sit on the runway for an hour waiting to take off. Thank god for my ipod - it was as loud as it would go and I could still hear them a little. The icing on the cake - one of them had bad breath! Gotta love the air you can adjust above your head - saved my sanity!
4 comments:
Glad you had a good trip!!! You are making me hungry!
I laughed at your pool story. The only thing worse than being at a pool closed down because some kid puked in it is being the mom of the kid that cause the pool to be closed. How embarassing. ;(
My well behaved daughters never did that in a pool. Only at the county fair.
Oh I did have a moment of pity for the poor mom. I felt just as bad for the little girl. She didn't understand why she had to get out of the pool and she was quite cute.
And yes Andrea will never live down the flying swings at the fair - I still cringe and walk away when I see those - they are dangerous to be around.
I am soo jealous that you were just in Vegas!! We canceled our trip so now we aren't even going this year! :(
Post a Comment