Thursday, June 12, 2008
Job Perks
One perk of having a job is the free meals. Last night I helped entertain some visitors from Arkansas and got to try out another new resturant in the process. Hudson's Ribs and Steakhouse is definitely a good place to go back too - even the steak looked very good here so maybe I'll rescind my ban on getting steak when we go out. They served us our cesaer salad family style and it was good, fresh, and cold. It gets an A as it had no fishy taste and homemade croutons. Instead of bread you get a popover that is freshly made. I ordered the stuffed flounder and it was very good. Lots of good lobster stuffing and a nice sauce on top. Can't cook fish at home so it was really a good choice. The sides were enough for 3-4 people and each person got a side with their order included. I was being good and picked rice pilaf - it also goes better with fish. It was tasty, but next time I will get the mashed potatoes or garlic fries. Being it was me and the boys of course they went for the kill and got dessert too. I couldn't be left behind so I ended up with a chocolate souffle, which was more like a little gooey chocolate cake. It was quite the meal. The steaks has those fried onion stacks on top and if you ordered a side of mushrooms you got a whole plate of them - at least 8 ounces and that is a meal in itself. Great place to do some sharing for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now I am so hungry. That sounds wonderful. I don't cook fish at home either. Not worth the smell.
Post a Comment