It's been a long week and finally I am getting around to uploading my pics - and really they are not all that great. Not sure what we were thinking cause we didn't take many. Thursday night we went to Foxwoods - great hotel/casino destination in Conneticut. Hard to pass up a free room and I was surprised it was so nice because it was in the "old" part. Friday morning we took off for Boston - it was about two hours with several stops to snag some deals at Shaws. I mean how can you pass up 5 cases of pop plus a 22 snack pack of chips for $11? LOL! Mostly for my work for lunches we do. We were also hunting for this litter than our cats think is the only litter they can pee on - nothing else, but the rug will do. Kind of kidding and kind of not. The hunt resumes tonight. Back to Boston because I really digressed there.
We stayed at the Copely Square Hotel and wow - they do it right. Free coffee and tea in the lobby, plus wine at 5:00. They come in and turn down your sheets and leave a little bed time story, plus two bottles of water. And the bed was heavenly making it hard to get up. They had a cool bar scene, but you had to dress right. Trust me that is not how I dress - it was dressy club clothes. I was in my ball game outfit. LOL! Don't think my sneakers cut it.
Fenway Park is full of history and was fun to go to - we even got to watch them lose. The park was close enough for us to walk too and we managed to get dinner on the way back after.
Day two was a the trolley tour and lunch at the pier. Then we toured some more and hit some little shopping areas. I probably should mention that without cats to wake us we slept in until 10am! yes 10am! unheard of for us. So that shortened our day a bit. Saturday night we hit Vinny T's for an Italian dinner and while it is a chain it is only in the Boston area. Great food - more normal Italian than fancy. We'll go back there sometime I'm sure.
Boston has some edges over NYC, but each has their own fun things. Would love to take a whale or harbor cruise, hit the North End and shop more next time... obviously we will be going back.
this is sort of a freak show in progress - he is very talented to say the least... the crowd is entertaining too ...
No comments:
Post a Comment