Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Veggie Pizza Appetizer



Veggie Pizza! This weekend was the firehouse cocktail hour event at Buttermilk Falls Inn and each person was asked to bring an appetizer. It's one of their annual fundraisers and the Inn allows them to use the grounds and tent on a Sunday in June after a Saturday wedding. The view was amazing - and of course I didn't have my camera - next time. They had sold 300 tickets and Mark was not told how much to bring. Mark guessed I should make 300 pieces - I said no way - politely of course! That is a lot! With no guidance and knowing that 20 others were bringing something I settled on 12 dozen pieces or thereabout. The best thing about knowing no one and it being our first time there - I could make whatever I wanted without worrying that someone else had claimed it as their specialty dish - cause you know I didn't know. Ignorance does have it's perks and sometimes it is better to not ask questions until after. Turns out it was a hit and I think one of the best there. I'm biased though! Of course the best ones never even made it to where I was sitting so who knows- the crowd snorkled those up! I did get the final chocolate covered strawberry by just pure luck.

Anywho the recipe is super easy - and just a step up in flavors from what mom used to make! Just add dill - who knew. LOL!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm going to make this for my class next week. I forgot how much I like it.

Marjie said...

Me too, it looks great.

Katie said...

the dill in the cream is so good! I didn't do garlic powder, but a sprinkle of garlic salt. Rosemary or basil might be good too.

Ryan said...

will you e-mail me your recipe?
Andrea

Katie said...

click the link in the blog - it will take you there.