Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sonic Sighting...

A great discovery was made by us this week. It happened on the same day for both Mark and I - we heard it on the radio. Upon further investigation of this news flash we discovered that a Sonic had opened less than 20 minutes from our house back in May - how did we miss that? Pretty easy when we don't go that way much. Kingston is north of here and we usually just go to Poughkeepsie or New Paltz for stuff on Saturdays. First I will admit that we've never lived near a Sonic and it's always something we talk about when we are on vacation down south. Most of the time we don't make it there... so off to Sonic for lunch I went today. Mark was still out of town and it was Saturday and I was bored. Great excuse to go shopping too. I know, I know it's fast food and I don't do it very much, but it's so fun to watch them rollerblade out with your food on a tray - and try to not get wet. It was raining here again today for the bazillionith day.
oh yes the important part - what did I eat? I know mom is dying to know. She loves Sonic. We both had it in El Paso with Julie and it was so good. So I ordered a large ice tea, Califorina Burger and onion rings. California Burger ... kind of like a Big Mac without the extra bun in the middle and only one burger. It was quite good. Could have used some ketchup. I would order it again. The onion rings were a bit sweet and I think covered in a thick cornbread coating. Again ketchup would have been good here, but there was no way I was going to get wet in the rain to get it. No way! I guess you have to tell them with your order that you want it. I also discovered that it only takes about 3 onion rings and I've reached my limit of them.
While waiting for my food I read that they have happy hour from 2-4pm with half price drinks. No alcohol involved with this happy hour so don't get too excited about it. Since I didn't get a slushie for my lunch (because that would have been super piggy!) I figured maybe I could hit it after shopping and get my cherry slushie for a $1 - so yes, sad to say I went to Sonic twice in one day. Good afternoon snack. haha... I also saw a really yummy looking chocolate cake with ice cream and hot fudge on the menu board - it's probably a good thing Sonic is in the opposite direction of almost every place I go because going there three times in one week would be sorta silly - right? I didn't get the cake thingy in case you are wondering - I was a bit full still from lunch. Good excuse to go back and do dessert sometime. My other discovery of the day... the Target in Kingston is top notch and PetSmart may soon become a regular haunt as they now sell this really cool cat litter system. That is a whole post of it's own - later. Complete with pictures if you're lucky.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! We have a Sonic but have never been there...I guess that I'll have to go check it out. I didn't realize it was such a big deal.

Katie said...

LOL! It's a big deal when you've not lived near one I think. The ice cream drinks and desserts are way cheaper than Dairy Queen too.

Stephanie said...

They finally put one in GR after advertising for it for the entire time I've lived here. I wasn't that impressed though. Plus it's crazy popular and you have to wait to get in to it. The drinks were really good though, I would go back now to try the burger you liked so much.

Andrea said...

I love Sonic and will take the kids there when Ryan is busy. He doesn't love it as much as I do.

Marjie said...

It is well know in TX that Sonic puts extra zip in the fountain Coke. It is so good. The burgers are almost as good as Whataburger, and down there you have to explain about ketchup. It's all about mustard.