Monday, March 31, 2008

House Hunting Adventures

After reading several blogs of friends who are in need of a visit by one those designer gods I thought I would share with you the house we visited yesterday. You think your house needs help - think again and feel blessed.
http://www.lauramuscente.prudentialrand.com/propertydetails.aspx?id=634135

Now you will notice there is not a shot of the kitchen. For a very good reason. It's RED - fiery, mad red. Not the pretty red you might be thinking of. Badly in need of updating. Did you notice the other rainbow of colors in the house - neon green, pink, peach - ok she really loves color I guess. Now for the fun part... this is our first choice for a house. I, of course can paint and the floor and bones of the house are in great shape. Just need to rip up the carpet and get someone to refinish them. The yard is large and shaded and it's in a great neighborhood too. And it's ... drumroll please... 5 minutes from work! Woohoo! Mark is pretty close to his too. Probably 15 minutes. We saw a few other really awesome houses that the designer gods have visited (and totally redone down to the studs), but they were too small and too big. Weird I know -either 1500 sq ft or 3200 sq ft. We did get their info as they were for sale by owner so now I know of a couple good contractors who must know the cheaps on getting good deals and they are in the same area.
Seriously for those of you who need a little boost in designing confidence you just need to do a Sunday of open houses - not in a new development, but in one 20 years old. It's so scary. I now feel like Martha or something and I know that's not possible. The things we have seen and the houses we have actually not stopped at.... I can't wait for our house to sell so we can just make an offer and move on in.

5 comments:

Marjie said...

You go girl. You got the visison!

julie said...

What's with the little "plant stage" in the living room. I mean really, WTH?? Yes, so easy to update the paint. What are the kitchen cabinets like? Are they painted too or just the walls?

Andrea said...

That neon green bedroom is SWEET. Bet Mark loved that one.

Seriously, how could a person sleep in that room, even in the dark?

-Ryan

Andrea said...

Surprised to see I already commented. Need to get Ryan a login. It seems to have a good layout. Frankly, I'd live in a box if it we're five minutes from work. Wouldn't have to get up so early.

julie said...

Short commute is priceless. Why do you think we live in Kansas?! It's not for the tornados...