Friday was a big day in the Sens household. We got snow - and lots of it! 10 inches I think! Mark was in snow heaven playing in it (meaning playing with his new snowblower!). Hoping for more tomorrow and hoping it doesn't turn to rain as they are now predicting. That would totally ruin the pretty white scene outside.
So if you read my last post you heard about the Wheel of WOW and the Christmas lunch. Well we had 60 prizes to award for the party - 12 had the WOW chance in them, plus a prize. We had 80 people there - so almost everyone got something. One of the girls that I work with pulled an evelope with a WOW on it - I was shocked as it was the first one and then she got to spin. She won $1,000 cash - 1st one of the bunch. 2nd guy up spins $1000. So both those sections got covered up - would hate to have everyone spin a $1000 you know. That would be way too much money. LOL! So the 3rd WOW drawn was ME - yes ME! I was not so happy and they actually boo'd and clapped at the same time. You see there are 3 of us in HR and 1 just won $1000 and then I draw a WOW spin. So they are thinking it's rigged I'm sure. It was not I assure you. To make a joke of it I told them I would surely spin a loser. One of 3 on the wheel. And I did! I was not so happy, but it was funny. I ended up with a $25 gift card to TGIFriday's so not all was lost. The company joker won the flat screen TV. Just earlier that day I had him carry it down to the party spot and he was saying he'd give it to one of the girls in the office as it was a bad brand if he won it. Whatever - it's a TV. Sylvania - how bad is that? He did keep it and I'm sure it was hawked on the streets of Beacon last night. It worked well in the store and it was 32".
The snow started at noon and by 3:00 when we were dismissed we had 6 inches of snow. Took me almost 2 hours to get home. People can not drive in snow here! Makes sense as they don't get that much. oh well it is pretty. Hoping to post pictures of the cats playing in the snow soon - they seem to think the top of the snow is hard because it's flat. Very funny.
2 comments:
I know just what you mean about the prizes. I was afraid to win the raffle this year since I organized it. I only put $5 in anyway. Last year Jan-Al won a prize, and as a helper she got booed too.
I bet it was rigged! For sure!!
Post a Comment