Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa is coming early!

Santa is bringing me my gift early this year - the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall! I can't wait to see it and also all the lights in NYC for Christmas. New York City is quite large and the big debate this past week has been where do we eat? I mean it's so big that finding somewhere good and then remembering it and going back is a challenge. So I asked a fellow foodie at work knowing he would have a great place. And he did and I've even been to a restuarant in that "family" in Kansas City. Julie will remember Lydia's - how can we forget? It is the best Italian ever! We aren't Italian so we aren't offending anyone in our family. The gnocchi was to die for and it was just yummy! Seriously - she is a great cook. Even has some cooking show on TV. So while Becco is run by her son I see many similarities in the menu - namely the all you can eat pasta. Three daily chef's selections that keep coming around until you tell them NO, politely of course. You get salad too. Don't remember that part. LOL! Since it is so popular I got a very early reservation... 3:00 pm. We are bit behind the ball here, but I think this will work out even better. Crazy I know, but this also tells me it is good. So we will eat early (and Mark will win brownie points for it) and then we can get dessert after the show. Something we never have room for. Now I just need to figure out what to where? Black? Seems to be the popular color in the city. I think I can handle that!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Take a lot of pics, I even want to see food pics. Especially food pics. Educate us rural folks.