Monday, December 29, 2008
So what about Hannuka?
Saturday night we went to my first Hannuka party. It was more about getting friends together than celebrating a religious holiday. Or maybe not -not sure what the Jewish normally do. Did you know they make Hannuka sugar cookies? They do - I was so over cookies at that point I didn't try one. Going to the party meant staying an extra night in Rochester, but Mark's friend Brad was home for Hannuka and Mark always went when he was little so we went to catch up with Brad. His kids are so big now! Anyway... This particular party was all about the food and friends eating lots of food. Plenty of wine too.... So I must share the menu... Latke's (potato pancakes) with homemade applesauce, brisket in some yummy tomato sauce, and a noodle dish with some sweet creamy sauce sort of like sweetened cream cheese with crumbles on top. Those were the new dishes. Bagels not so new nor was egg salad or chicken salad or the chocolate chip cookies. I know they don't sound like they go together, but this was a buffet type meal and it all went down just yummy. I only ate the stuff I wouldn't find at home. Need to visit recipezaar to see if I can find any of these recipes - especially the potato pancakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a lot of those recipes in my Barefoot cookbook, she is Jewish which also explains why she didn't discover how awesomely delicious pork is until she was an adult. Couldn't find Hanukkah in spell check? haha
LOL! I googled it - wrong obviously!
Post a Comment