I hear we might get lots of snow on Friday - like 6 inches. Mark is very excited - me not so much because he isn't home and I didn't get a lesson in using the new snow blower. At least our driveway goes downhill from the road to the house so I will at least be able to roll downhill when I get home Friday night.
I can hear many of your laughing because you know that 6 inches isn't really much snow. I will agree with you. Let's talk about when we have 12 inches coming. Perception is so different. Everyone is freaking out. The best line I heard today came from my boss - he's from London so it's said with that accent.
boss to freaking out employee (not me of course) "Just how long have you lived in the northeast?"
employee... "my whole life"
"So at least 30 some years?"
employee... "oh more than that!"
"well then why aren't you used to snow?"
employee... silence
me thinking to myself... it's going to be a long winter if we haven't even had one storm yet. oh boy. This is not a lady thing - I heard grown men saying it too.
Now I never talk about work, but I will post a picture after our party on Friday - our party will still happen as you can't cancel a lunch party for 100 with virtually no notice. We created this cool Wheel of WOW and I've been practicing my spins all week. So far it appears I'm really good at spinning a "loser". That sucks - I want the week of vacation or $1000. It would be funny if I did get chosen and spun a "loser" if you think about it.
1 comment:
We have a winter storm warning starting at 7:00 p.m. tonight until 7:00 p.m. on Friday and are expected to get up to a foot of snow! That will be some fun driving to work tomorrow in that-NOT! :)
Post a Comment