So the weather gods have decided that we just need lots of water - almost 3 inches since yesterday if we are getting exact. If it was just 3 degree's colder we would either have lots of ice OR 3 feet of snow - I think it's 12 inches of snow per inch of rain.
The power gods however are not playing nice - unlike the weather gods. We lost power at 4:30 am. How do I know? Well for starters Mark got a publice service call to come pump out someone's basement in the fire district at 3:30 am. You know fire departments have pumps so around here they do public service calls. Very nice if it's you. Not so nice if you are sleeping and a volunteer fire fighter or the wife of one. Not only did we get one buzzer we got two because no one responded to the first. I can no guesstimate that if Mark is not going we should assume no one will go because he loves going out on calls. He decided to get a head start on the day and get ready for work and go in super early so he could leave early. He wins the smart boy award. I tried to go back to sleep and then we lost power. So no shower at home for me. This is where my much loved gym membership came in handy. So at 5:00 am I gave up trying to sleep and went to the gym for a walk and shower. It's way too early to do more than walk.
Back to the water issues - we have so many - we are having floods - remember all the water has to go somewhere. On my way to the gym traffic was very light - 5:30 am so that make sense. I'm plugging along and I see a cop car on the side of the road with lights flashing. Not so odd, but the cop is dancing - or so I thought. I think that he must have been trying to point out the fact I was about to plow through a huge puddle of water covering the entire road. Oops! I can imagine that is a huge mess now because it's a major road. So like I said most of the gods are watching out for us today - just not the power god. If he really was a god then it would be out at work too! LOL!
TGIF!!!
1 comment:
How handy to have strangers come and pump out your basement for free.
Poor Mark, still no snow.
Post a Comment