Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If Tiger can do it so can Mark

Tiger Woods that is - and this has nothing to do with golf. It's all about Lasik eye surgery. TLC did Tiger's and that is where Mark might be headed. Today I went with him to his consult to find out more. He'd like to ditch his glasses in 2009. The doctor is very serious and has quite an advanced vocabulary. That was my first giggle. Then he starts talking about potential side effects - the minor ones. Mark is sweating profusely and wiping his brow. Then the doctor launches in the rare side effects and Mark starts to look really funny now. I asked if he was ok and he says no "I feel like I'm going to faint". Poor Mark I laughed - bad wife! I mean this is the man who watches them draw his blood. The doctor is merely discussing side effects and there are no visuals. Mark thinks it might be the drops they used to dilate his eyes, but the doctor said that would be highly unusual. I just think he forgot to breath. So he gets him some water and he takes a seat in a normal chair, not the exam chair. He is white and sweating still, but he eventually comes around. And I have a serious case of the giggles. For the rest of the appointment. Might have been I was a bit slap happy as it was way past lunch time. So after all that it sounds like he might go through with it. I did ask (more so for Julie's benefit) if the numbing drops ever not work - he said no that they would just add more. I guess Lasix is less painful that PRK or RPK because there are less nerves in the area they are working.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

Good for Mark. Hope he does it.

You blew your NY Wife of the year chances by giggling.

julie said...

The one eye didn't hurt at all which is how it is for everyone else, so I'm sure Mark will be fine. No doctor believes that I could feel it but I don't think I imagined it on just one eye. A few minutes of hell was worth it though for not having to deal with night blindness when I couldn't find my glasses and children were yelling for me.