and Grace would be me - as in not so "grace" ful. Seems during the night we had some rain or something and it froze into ice on our front steps. This morning I was running late and it was beautiful and sunny (and quite cold for once). Our garage isn't quite ready for inhabitants - namely our cars - so each morning we head out the front door and down the stairs. The view is amazing and I love to look out ahead to the mountains as I run down the steps - ok I'm stretching it here, but it was very pretty this morning and so I didn't look down to see the ice on the steps. I swear everything else was dry - and it was except for those dumb patches on the steps. Gotta love my new winter ski parka with lots of padding - that probably really saved me the most.
Even though I am sort of sore I am thankful for several reasons:
1. NO ONE SAW IT HAPPEN! No neighbors came rushing outside - I'm sure they were still sleeping as they are retired. No cars were going by - nothing. whew.
2. I can move all body parts.
3. Maybe now we will get the garage door opener installed? ;~)
4. The bruise is above my tail bone to the side - this means I can sit at my desk and work and not have to tell anyone why I'm moving a bit slower. I mean how stupid does it sound when the company safey coordinator slips and falls. Now I know this was at home, but I am always telling people to watch where they are going. Smooth move I know - I would never hear the end of it.
A nice hot bath should help ...
2 comments:
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!!!
poor baby, the pain and humilation
Post a Comment