Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas a little bit early!

This is a little bit early, but we are almost ready to head on out and not sure if I'll be signing on over the holiday. Being the advance planners (and people who can't wait for our surprises) we've already opened our gifts and the tree is dropping needles and I've decided it feels like the day after Christmas today and we still have two days of celebrations to go. That's a lot of "ands". Sorry! I did very well in getting Mark his gift this year - a ticket package for the local baseball team and a sweater he was eyeballing at Macy's in NYC. He did very well for me - I got a new camera and earrings that I was eyeballing at a store in NYC and a few other cool items. He is the best at buying gifts. Of course we couldn't wait and opened our gifts on Saturday. Saturday was Christmas for us in reality. LOL! No need to wait on Santa at our house! Get 'er done! Rip em' open.
Today was I was off from work and got lots of stuff done. The house needed an over haul big time. I got a lot accomplished! Just call me "Cookie" - I feel like a freaking cookie. I made 4 different kinds. Don't start thinking I'm wonder woman or anything as 3 of the 4 were mixed and frozen over 3 weeks ago. I just thawed, sliced, and baked. The 4th was a gluten free mix for Mark's dad. It was a special spice cake mix and I added molasses and ginger for a really good tasting ginger snap. Recipe was on the box - I'm not that much of a genius in the kitchen. These are better than those with gluten in them. Quite the find. And how many did I eat today while baking? ONE of each! Only one - I am so sugared out from the Italian cookies someone sent to work. Now those were to die for - real Italian bakery cookies. Trust me they are nothing like those crappy ones you get at the grocery store in clear plastic buckets. Nothing. It's a good thing I thought they were something I could pass up easily for the first week. Then I tried one on Friday - and another, and another. Yesterday I had 3 too. Hoping the last person out of the office today took the rest - I don't need any more cookies!
Hope you all enjoy the holidays and that Santa brings everything that your heart desires! Eat lots of good food and don't worry too much because New Years will bring that resolution to lose those 10 pounds! Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: