Wednesday, February 18, 2009

flying thoughts

so I left at the butt-crack of dawn this morning - 4:45 to be exact to catch my 6 am flight. And yes I did make it with a few minutes to spare. So the flights aren't very full and on my second leg from Detriot to Minneapolis I was thrilled to again have the whole row to myself. I could sleep and maybe kill off this raging headache that I had! woohoo. And then I hear the voice. The voice of a little boy who is about 8. He is sitting right behind me reading a story out loud to his mommy. Not quietly either - he's very loud. You can tell others are hearing him and are a bit annoyed. His mother says nothing in fact she encourages him by asking really DUMB questions about the story. Imagine my excitement when he say's "the end". Then he starts reading it over! OMG! I was ready to reach behind me and yank the book out of his hands. And then I remembered that I had ear plugs in my purse. Leftovers from Nascar weekend. Yep, I stuck them in! She saw and I could have cared less what she thought. First of all what makes you think that everyone wants to hear your child stumble over a story that he's learning to read and it's quiet on this plane. Get a clue. I'll take that screaming baby any day - they can't help it.
So after checking into my hotel and meeting the local HR person here I tried to take a nap. Failed. Time to shop! I didn't go to the Mall of America - there was another one closer that had all sorts of cool stores listed. Guess what? It was outside! I tried to tough it out and gave up. It's freezing cold here and way too windy to walk around outside. I can see that place being empty in the near future. Hello this is Minneapolis - freezing capital of the US and you put a mall outside? Even in Orlando they have roof covers are the outside outlet mall. The upside... there is a PF Changs that we are to dinner at tonight there. Yay!
So tomorrow I'm off to Grand Rapids after my meetings! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Was this for the company or a convention of HR folks?