Saturday, February 14, 2009

Orlando Restuarant Find!

Bogards rocks so if you're headed down to see Mickey and Minnie anytime soon put it on your list. Don't let the biker theme scare you off - it's just stuff on the walls. We were surrounded by lots of business people dining out. It's near the convention center. The person at our hotel recommended it. The food is awesome! They specialize in four things... a bit much in most cases, but they pull it off. BBQ, Steaks, Shrimp Boil, and beer I think - wait I see it's oysters, but the beer was good too. I had mahi-mahi wrapped in oak paper with tomato's, capers, and spices - it was excellent! I don't cook fish at home and mahi-mahi really doesn't have any fishy taste. Mark had the ribs and they were wonderful. Tender and tasty - perfectly smoked. Better than at home - lots of meat on them too. I did see the shrimp boil (and heard it too) and it looked very good if I was a shrimp person and I'm not. Instead of bread you get mini-corn muffins with jalepeno's chopped in them. My salad had olive tampenande (chopped olives and stuff) on top. The salads were huge for side salads. We ate half - she told us to save room for dinner. We split the side of mashed potato's and they offered a lot of options for sides - mac-n-cheese, veggies, fries, etc. - way more than I can remember. A side is good for 3-4 people. 2 if you are piggy and we were not. As tempting as dessert looked we did not have any room and had enough left for another meal. Sort of wish we had gone there earlier in the trip so we could enjoy the leftovers, but oh well, next time.
It's located on International Drive and is worth the hunt to find it.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

sounds great, wonder if there are Bogards in other cities.