finally a weekend to do nothing and well we really did get a lot done anyway. We each got our hair cut at Super Cuts (not my normal places, but the timing was right and it needed to be done), checked out Stew Leonard's and bought groceries for the week, and the finally hit Target and bought 40 new hangers and that still wasn't enough for all the things I had to hang - but keep in mind I was hanging up all my shirts and not folding them on the shelf so still that's good. Picked out the lights for the new house too. That was interesting as there are so many to choose from. Ended up going with a local outfit and he was extremely helpful so I'm hoping they look nice even after we put them up. I thought they were pretty cool and didn't totally break the bank. Lots of errands wrapped up on Saturday so Sunday was a day for play. We went to the Fahenstock State Park for the morning. It's about 20 minutes from the apartment up on a mountain I think. Cooler than our little area so that was a very nice break from the heat. Did I mention how hot it is here? Hot and muggy. Perfect for NY. Anyway back to the beach... it was a sandy beach area and clean water for the most part - by early afternoon it was getting a bit cloudy, but there were tons of people in the water. Somewhat cooling and not too warm. You can fish and rent boats and there is a lot of hiking - too hot for that and the breeze off the water was too nice to leave. The park is very popular with the Puerto Rican crowd so there were lots of family picnics and hogging of the picnic tables. We did manage to snag one and the people next to us were fun to watch. We called it a day by 2:00 and chilled at home the rest of the afternoon.
The house buying event is moving along and we are almost ready to sign the contract and then the fun starts with the financing people. Amazing how many fee's they come up with and we are lucky this is a relo package. Can't wait to move in and unpack so hopefully it goes smoothly! Yes I know you want pictures... soon I promise!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend. Can't wait to see the lights.
Can't wait to see the pictures of the new place!! How exciting!
Post a Comment