Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Seasoned House Hunters

so you say you want a new house? moving to another state? Let me give you a few tips. Ok, fine I won't get started, but I will tell you we still are still living in the little apartment and have seen at least 100 houses in Orange and Dutchess Counties. So we have settled on Orange County and are looking in the country - think snakes, bears, and deer in the back yard and lots of trees. Yes I saw a snake sunning in the rocks at one house. We even jumped out of the car to take a closer look. No idea what kind it was, but the realtor said it wasn't a nice one. Not a rattler. Our top picks are also new houses, but are almost finished so we can stay on task. I will post pictures when we seal the deal and that might be a couple weeks given the quickness here in New York. Not. We have become very good at picking out the good in a house and noticing issues so that's a bonus. See seasoned isn't all the bad right? Tell that to our kitty who will soon be put on a diet and I'm not talking about Mani - it's Cali who is quickly catching up to him. Poor thing. So stairs to run up.
Can't wait to have some visitors! We hope to be in something by Labor Day!

No comments: