It was our first time going to Shea Stadium and it was neat to see yet another ballpark. It's huge! It was hot and a bit overcast and the rain held off until the 8th inning (which was about 2 hours into the game so a short game really by baseball standards). We had our first ever Nathan's hotdog. A must for all NY'ers and visitors alike. For those of you who don't know Nathan's are the hotdogs that they use for the 4th of July Coney Island hotdog eating contest as seen on ESPN - not joking! It's so gross they eat 40+ hotdogs in under 10 or 15 minutes. It's truly disgusting. I only ate one! However I will say they are easy to polish off. The man in front of us bought one when we did and it was gone before I was even two bites into mine and then his wife came back and she had two for him. I know she didn't know he'd just eaten one. Sneaky, sneaky. We had a good laugh about that. He was nice and gave her half of one however, which made me laugh even more. She had no clue.
If wouldn't be an adventure without pictures...
The ocean view from our seats
Mark is a Mets fan for the day!
as am I too!
hit a home and the apple comes up - it came up 3 times in one inning!
Go Mets!
p.s. they won 9 to 1! Woohoo!




4 comments:
AS I have said before, you guys really know how to have fun.
we merely have no house to really clean so we are still on a very long vacation. Plenty of free time to do whatever. There is something to be said for living in a shoe box.
Nathan's hotdogs are so-so in my book. Kind of spicy and greasy. I have to agree with your Mom; nothing beats a Koegel.
Other than huge, how was Shea? Obviously I have never been there, and will never go there because of this being the last year in Shea before moving into the ballpark. I have heard lots of people comment that it is one of, if not the worst Major League park. What do you guys think?
We liked Shea - hate to say it, but it beats Yankee stadium. It's easy to get in and out of and also to get around. Not congested so much. No parking really so bad in that sense. Also not so nice an area I hear. It is pretty big so not all seats are good seats and we were pretty high up. The new stadium looks very nice however - you'll have to come check that one out.
Post a Comment