Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the mystery of the disappearing hangers

So Mark is off an emergency run to Buffalo for an OSHA inspection - which was finished before he got there so I'm home alone and trying to clean up our temporary home (thank GOD it's not much longer till we are out of here!) Amazing what you can get done when you're on the computer I know. Lots and lots. Anyway I'm in laundry mode and need to catch up before the weekend and besides I do want clean sheets for tonight. So I'm adding things to the ironing pile from the clean laundry and think that maybe just maybe I should take a crack at my least favorite chore - ironing. I will avoid it at all costs and with any excuse. But lo and behold a new excuse. I have no more hangers and this pile of stuff needs a hanger so it doesn't get all wrinkly again. This just boggles my mind as this all came off a hanger, but there are none for them to be put back on. Do we have hanger fairies or thieves in the closet? I don't take them on vacation so that couldn't be it. I doubt it's the cat sitter - even if she is a bit special in many ways. Could be they go on the road with Mark or something? Target is too much of a pain to make a special trip too. That's a whole different post. And NO WAY am I going to Walmart or someone will be needing a really big Carvel sundae to make that wait all better. I don't need a sundae that much I know! I'm sure we'll have enough hangers once we get settled in our new home and Target will be much closer and not charge me a quarter to use a freaking cart. Yes, I'm still not happy about that and that goes back at least 4 months. So let's just say my lucky day that I can't iron because I have no hangers. Well I guess I could iron what I'll wear tomorrow and call it good. Or I could have Helen come visit - she is the world's best ironer! Not joking about either. But first we need another bedroom for guests.

2 comments:

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

I know what you mean! We never have enough hangers! So what is the word on the house situation?? Love the new picture of you and Mark by the way!

Andrea said...

Your hair is so cute in the top picture. I need a haircut like yours.