inspection! YIPPEE! Our offer was accepted and we will be having the inspection on Thursday afternoon! Financing is back on track and we are hoping to still be in our new home by Labor Day weekend! I'm not so fearful that we'll end up in a questionable roadside hotel that takes cats for a couple weeks - and I'd be just fine if we had to wait a few days for our furniture to arrive. Housing ends here August 31st. And now I have a few things to rejoice about...
No more rusting pots and pans!
No more sharing the bathroom with the cats!
No more carefree days with no house to clean!
No more short drive to work!
No more freaky neighbors! (like the guy who stares when we go to the pool - trust me I am not a playboy bunny!!!)
No more excessive use of the air conditioning (you see we aren't paying the bill and I like it COLD at night)!
What am I scared of? Unpacking the boxes. It will be sort of like Christmas as I have not laid eyes on much of this stuff in SIX months - except for the few hours before the packing started in June. We are already discussing the giagantic garage sale that needs to take place. I'm not even sure I need my clothes at this point. I mean it's been six months - do I really want to wear that stuff? I'm also fearing the unpacking of the kitchen and all the stuff that will need to be washed - all of it!!! It took the guy a day to pack it all. Oh goodness.
Now for a positive. Since I am not really cleaning or organizing at home right now I did manage to clean out the office at work - major feat. It consisted of my office, my assistants work area, a first aid room complete with medical instruments from the 80's and a storeroom full of first aid items and "history" stuff. There was stuff from the 1960's! Not joking! It was 4 big push carts of crap. Plus my first week there were 3 big burn barrels of junk. The storeroom was totally packed when I started and now it's neatly organized and the cabinets are becoming less clustered. And this week I had a temp shred 12 garbage bags of papers. The non-confidential crap went in the garbage or it would have been 30 bags easy. And I have pulled a Julie when some things can't seem to make the garbage can. haha...
3 comments:
Whew-hoo!! That's awesome about the house-can't wait to see pictures!
Yes, pictures please. You must have inherited some of your dad's cleaning and tossing abilities. Bonus for you and Mark. And your work. Sounds like a great yard sale. You had so little kitchen space in GR, how can you have that much stuff?
remember the basement - lots of things were stored there... new house only has half a basement and no shelving.
Post a Comment