Today we did three of Cali's least favorite things - I was not a nice "cat" mom at all if you were to ask her, but this was mostly her "father's" idea. It started off innocent enough with her being loaded into her cage (#3 least favorite activity) for a ride to the vet (#2 least favorite activity). She hates the car and whined all the way. We arrive and wait for Mark meets us as it's near his work. In the meantime I've fore warned the very nice tech that Mani scratched up last week at his visit that this is his sister. She is properly scared at this point. I might have overdone it if that's possible. In the exam room we pull her out of the cage and she's wet. That's right she PEED! IN THE CAGE! And for the first time ever I had not left a towel in the bottom of the cage. Don't ask, dumb move - I wasn't thinking. The tech is very nice and we mop her off and both end up smelling like cat pee. Mark held her so he too smelled good. The exam showed that her teeth don't need a cleaning, but she does need the lump on her back removed. So blood work was done and she will have surgery next week. Mark loaded her back up - the tech remembers Mani and trying to load him well so she is very happy Mark offered to do it. Being that Mark is working late tonight I get the honor of her #1 least favorite activity when we get home... yes folks...
We had a cat bath!

This is after the bath... and the bathroom needed to cleaned so this was a great way to do it.

Cali begging to be let out of the bathroom.

wet and really smelly now...

Never fear she quickly recovered and was eating less than two minutes after being let out of the bathroom. Mani has yet to come out from under the bed - he thinks he's next.

and this is Cali in much happier times.
Word to the wise - cats don't like baths!
And always put a towel in the bottom of the cat cage!
3 comments:
A classic cat tale.
That is hilarious! I can just picture you now trying to give Cali a bath! Tell her good luck with the surgery next week.
Cali's kitty cousins will be thinking of her!! And her favorite cat sitter too. (I didn't say your favorite-I'm not referring to the neighbor girl) :p
Post a Comment