Almost forgot about this great place I went to dinner to at last week - it was for work so I did more than just the usual entree and normal glass of wine. I was being treated and treated well at that. To get an idea of the menu to go: http://www.ilbarilottorestaurant.com/dinner.htm
I didn't order off the menu as the specials were to die for and quite interesting to say the least. You can always get the stuff on the menu so I was daring. Trust me I won't be trying to make this at home- not sure what some of thing s were. We started out with appetizers. I followed the lead of a more experienced diner and got the asparagus special. It had 8 little ones lined up on a plate and was topped with a fried egg, some yummy white cheese and a sauce of some sort. It was delish. I know the fried egg part sounds gross, but with the sauce and cheese it was yummy. Glad I listened. The big shrimps in gorganzola sauce looked very good too - that I might just try next time as it's always on the menu. Skipped the salad - I was with all men need I say more? For the main course I got the pork loin wrapped in proscuitto and stuffed with fresh peaches. A big potato blob coated in something and baked was in the middle of the little loins that were nicely arranged around my plate. It had some sort of light brown sauce in the bottom. I almost ate the whole thing - almost. I was beyond full and even passed on dessert. A first I know. They all got coffee and night caps - I still had some wine left to polish off. I'd had enough and didn't want to over do it. The salmon looked great and was very light in color and someone else had the rack of lamb - it looked very good too. It was a total clean plate club night except for me, but I did say I was with all men so they can stuff away more. This would be a great place to split a meal among other things - like dessert!
No comments:
Post a Comment