Even though summer is winding it's still great beach weather and lots of other people think like us so finding a room was a challenge. We ended up at the Aztec and it's right on the beach - has it's own bar too. It was clean and the beds comfy, but by no means a Motel 8. It is right on the beach and that's a big advantage. Has it's own pool too.
So for the ocean part of our vacation we did lots of swimming in perfect waves - I guess you call it body surfing. Nice four to five foot waves.
My body is sore today and Mark thinks his feet are broken as they hurt. I'm sure that's just from all the walking we did in the sand. It was quite fun all the same and it did take me about 20 minutes to get over my sea creature fear. No one was being attacked so I finally gave in. I much prefer fresh water. Wimp I know. Of course we had to eat and Top O'Spaghetti fit the bill. I was sort of fearing our choices as this is like the fair and I wasn't up for fried anything. We were very successful all the same and I had flounder broiled with bread crumbs and garlic, angel hair with olive oil and more garlic and then spinach in olive oil - excellent! Mark has meat sauce over penne pasta - not as adventurous, but he did add the red pepper flakes and it was quite good. Lots of garlic is always good.
To top off the night we had to visit the boardwalk and gawk at all the things going on. Seaside Heights is much like going to a fair or Cedar Point on the beach.
Lots of carnie games, but the carnies were not as scary as those we see in Michigan at the fair. True to carnival spirit we had to try deep fried oreo's - ok, but not something I will eat again. Would much rather have the hunk of fried dough if anything. We did play a couple of spinning wheel games and true to carnival spirit they are rigged and we didn't win.






1 comment:
I agree with you-I prefer pool water over water that has any sort of creatures swimming in it! I am not a ocean or lake girl, that's for sure! Sounds like you had an amazing trip-I am jealous! I could use a vacation! Moving for you guys is coming soon!! Yeah!
Post a Comment