Sunday, August 24, 2008
Dutchess County Fair
I'd heard the fair here was good and I figured for the $12 you had to pay to get in it must be pretty good and it was beyond my expectations - it was certainly nothing like the Michigan State Fair or even the Isabella County Fair. Probably not good comparisions at all either. I don't think we covered all the grounds in the three hours we were there and I wasn't going to last to find out. Like much of this area it was pretty hilly and it was at least 85 to 90 out so hot and sticky. Leave it to us to go at 2pm as well in the heat of the day and on empty bellies. We saw some Dock Dogs practicing (and not all would jump in - that was funny!), baby animals, lots of community businesses, rides, more animals and of course tons of food booths. I seriously think this is the big draw as they were everywhere. Burgers, hot dogs, pizza, sausage and peppers, Chinese food, Greek food, milkshakes and every sweet treat you can think of. There were picnic tables and tents everywhere and food booths at every corner and finding a seat was a challenge. They even had permanment food pavillions set up for some of them. Of course we were there to eat and I got a huge burger (hand patted I might add) with onions and cheese on top. Mark had the sausage and peppers and we split a handcut fry. We polished it all off with one of those hand squeezed lemonades and then set off to wander. Sad to say that we didn't have room for any more treats, but now we know to get when it's a bit cooler and I really want to try the Greek booth - it looked fantastic. The fair is in a cute little town called Rhinebeck and I'm planning to go back soon with guests in tow to check out the shops. First we must pack and unpack so that might be a while....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment