Monday, August 11, 2008
More Car Adventures
In NY they require your car to pass an emissions test. Checking to make sure you aren't passing too much gas or something? After spending and hour and a half at the DMV to just get two cars registered and two driver's licensed you'd think the emissions would be slow - and it was. You can go anywhere you'd like that offers the service so I chose the dealership down the road from my office thinking that would speed things up. Guess again. It took an hour for the test and 28-point inspection. After sitting and reading the paper for an hour (I lost track of time and figured it would only take 20 minutes so I never left) I notice the service guy is parking the car out front so I walk in to see what's up. He's telling the service advisor all the things that need to be done to the car. Oil change (only 4,000 miles over due), dirty tranmission fluid, dirty brake fluid, worn brakes and so on. I'm figuring I'm going to get the big sales pitch. And honestly at that point I would have hoofed it back to work and let them do it all. But NO he hands me my keys and says the girl over their will help you check out. HUH? You aren't going to ask me if I want any of this stuff done? Seriously I'm floored and speechless at the lack of wanting my business so I pay and leave. That was a dumb move on their part as I can now price check around to get it done. IDIOTS! At the very least ask if I want to book an appointment if you are that busy. It doesn't appear busy either. The last time I went to their Ford dealership they made me walk around back to find my car after getting the oil changed saying "oh it's parked around back just go find it." HUH? Ever hear of pulling my car around as I did pay you for something. Dare I go back for strike 3? I surely won't ever buy a car there. I can only imagine what would happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You've been spoiled by good service for the HR Director in GR.
Maybe they don't work on commission there??
no they are just plain lazy here - $500 in work and you let it walk out the door - I wasn't asking for a deal. My car needs repairs.
Post a Comment