Sunday, August 17, 2008

Would you ever guess...

that people go on vacation to the New Jersey shore? When I think of NJ I think of the arm pit of NY, however I now know that it's a nice little vacation spot. From reading Kelly's blog I knew it was somewhere that people went and it looked like fun. I had visions of NYC garbage floating downstream to NJ. It doesn't so that is a good thing. We didn't quite make it down to Ocean City or Cape May, but that's another trip next summer. The shores are sandy and clean and I didn't see many sea creatures - you know sharks, snakes, jelly fish or other creepy crawlies. We had a great time catching the waves and also doing some gambling - could have golfed and I actually did a lot of shopping at the outlets in Atlantic City. Did you know that Atlantic City is where the game Monopoly started and all the streets are found on the board game? I think I knew that at one point, but forgot. Tons of great places to eat and AC reminded me of Las Vegas in a way except it's a little smaller. More than big enough for me and looser slots too. So the next time you can't figure out where to go check out the NJ shore. Lots to do so we will be back! Need I mention I got a free hotel room for our next trip? Works for me! Just so happens when you get a card at the casino's and are new you get all sorts of perks. The lady getting me signed up didn't look very closely at my passport so it's under my maiden name. Not worth bringing to her attention. LOL! So more fun for us!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so cool that you went to "the shore". I have to admit that the first time I was there for an afternoon, I was not too impressed. As a kid, we always vacationed in Florida, where everything was nice and new and clean. But the NJ shore has really grown on me. It is really old fashioned, family oriented fun...well on Atlantic City, but most of the other shore points. I'm glad that you had fun and won some $$. I was very excited to see your post tonight. Glad you are enjoying the East Coast!

Kelly said...

oops, meant to say "not" Atlantic City.

Marjie said...

still having the most fun, are you practicing to retire??