Sunday, August 17, 2008

Atlantic City, NJ

Mark in Atlantic City
from my winnings I got to buy some clothes at the outlets in AC!

Night time surfing competition - much cooler to be there.

To take advantage of one last weekend before we tackle a bizzillion boxes and unpacking we took one last vacation to Atlantic City. This was the first time for me and the first time as an adult for Mark and we had a great time! Our hotel wasn't right on the boardwalk, but we'll do that next time. If you haven't been there it's worth the trip. The boardwalk is nice and goes for a long ways - we never made it to either end. You can swim right there, but it's not as nice as some of the other NJ beaches, but this one is free. We started off right and both won pretty big time for us. Enough to cover the hotel and three very good meals. Ruth's Chris was the first night and I did a mixed grill with a little filet, stuffed chicken breast and a little crab cake. YUMMY! This was another first for me and I will surely go back there sometime. Great food and wine. Then we went to gamble some more - again pretty profitable. Friday we hit PF Changs for lunch - always a favorite and safe be for Chinese food. For dinner we went to Max's in Trump Plaza - again a great meal. I could have stopped after my soup and bread even though the rest was great I wasn't starving any more. To top off the night we got to watch a night time surfing compeition and to be honest I've seen bigger waves on Lake Michigan, but it was a full moon and fun to watch all the same. Saturday morning we packed up and headed north to Seaside Heights for more of a beach vacation.

No comments: