Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Joey's of Syracuse

This place was the bomb! We went here on Friday night after I got into Syracuse and it was surely some of the best Italian I have ever had! The bread came with a good dipping sauce and garlic laced butter. The salad had all sorts of stuff in it and I barely got to finish it before our food arrived. I got the Tortellini Carbonara and Mark got the stuffed Vodka Rigatoni's and both were very good. I will say mine was my favorite and I did share quite a bit with Mark - definitely not something to try and make at home. They do sell a cookbook with all the recipes in it, but what fun is that? I'm sure the whole dish had a bazillion calories, but oh it was worth it. The tiramasu was also super fresh and very yummy and not over done in the coffee flavored soaking stuff like can sometimes happen. Lots of birthdays were being celebrated and I'm guessing you get a free dessert of your choice. Definitely a good place to stop on the way to Rochester and I'm guessing the place upstairs might be a bit more baby friendly so we will have to try that too.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

sounds wonderful, we are grilling Kogel's tonight, by the river.