Monday, September 6, 2010

State Fair


yes this is a rabbit behind me - poor thing can't see much!


Sorry we didn't get many pictures. It rained right after we arrived and then clear up and was quite nice. Lots of people. Lots of animals - we saw cows, bunnies, ducks, sheep, goats and probably something I am forgetting. Food was eh. We now know to go for the local sausages and bbq. I didn't even get anything in the bad category. I had a gyro and Mark got a beef sandwich of some sort and homemade chip/fries. We did have lots of little samples like chocolate milk, cheese and baked beans. I skipped the ice cream with the promise of stopping at this place called Abbotts on the way. Very good custard. Well someone remembered the wrong exit number and we ended up at the casino. Who do you think that was? Anyway there was a meltdown of sorts and we ended up finding another ice cream place a few more exits up - in NY that means 30 miles down the road. Good ole Garmin needs an update because she got us totally lost twice on this trip and we ended up in the middle of neighborhoods both times. Questionable neighborhoods at that!

No comments: