Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Orange Drink

Y0u know that tasty orange stuff they give you for the gestational diabetes test - yeah not so bad. The way some talk about it I thought I would be drinking orange syrup, but you know what it tasted just like Orange Hi-C from McDonalds. Maybe they mess it up at McD's? Who knows, but I know it was not that bad and over ice it would have been even better. Pretty sure it went just fine. It was nice to drink it before I left for my appointment and not have to sit there an hour. I might have had a fit if that had happened as they share the lab with the walk in clinic (read... sickies). Otherwise all was well as usual at this latest appointment. In and out in about 5 minutes. I swear I had gained 4 pounds in two weeks, but no only 2. Didn't ask for the total as I really don't care at this point - if they are pleased I am happy. Saw new doctor #3 and like the rest he's fine. Really exciting I know. I'll see about getting a belly shot done tonight.
In other news yoga started up again. I'm not good at it, but I try. She extended class to an hour and 15 minutes and last night it actually went an hour and 40 minutes! So that meant getting done at 7:40 and I was starving by then. I actually stopped at a diner to grab dinner because I'm pretty sure I was not going to make it home. I probably could have eaten two burgers, a huge salad and a whole basket of fries, but I refrained and stuck with one burger and some fries. Screw the salad. I was still hungry when I got done, but eating much more than that would have meant heartburn I'm sure. I was a bit paranoid that the yoga lady would walk in and be horrified at my choice in nutrition, but then I thought about it and there is no way she would go there so I was safe. LOL! Normally I get the banana pancakes, but I was in the mood for some red meat. Oh so good.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Go red meat!