So we live near the apple orchards and that bring with it bugs. Fruit flies to be exact! Never did I consider this a by-product of where we live, but we have developed a way to kill them that is non-toxic to the cats. Apple cider vinegar in a bowl - you put saran wrap over the top and poke a few holes and magically they are dumb enough to get trapped or maybe drunk enough to not care? They are everywhere. The kitchen of course, the bedroom, the bathrooms and probably the basement! argh! Can't wait for a frost to snap them off!
And in other news Mark has had fun with his new toy and also got a new weed whacker to chop down the weeds. Did you know that you shouldn't do this to poison ivy? Or if you don't know what you are whacking (meaning you can't identify) to step away with the whacker and let them grow? So yes, he now has poison ivy all over in little dots. Since we weren't sure it was poison ivy as it's all over and spotty he went to the med center and they gave him some drugs. I hope they work fast! It is not something I can get so that's good. Need to find a way to kill the poison ivy in the spring so we can be itch free all summer! And if you aren't scratching your body by now rest be assured my legs itch really bad! It's just the thought mind you that is causing it.
2 comments:
Yuck-I hate fruit flies! I just bought a ton of fruit the other week to make a big salad with and we have a few flying around in our kitchen now. I'll have to try that apple vinegar trick!
Poor Mark, poison ivy is awful and evil and tricky, just stay away from it.
Post a Comment