Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We Survived!

and no there are NO pictures just yet as that would show a mess of boxes and papers waiting to be flattened. I was warned they would wrap everything and thank goodness they didn't wrap each piece of silverware individually as what we had to unwrap was more than enough. Spent at least half the unpacking time uncrumpling the paper things were wrapped in or I would have been trapped in a house of crumpled papers! So I would say we are 60% done and actually ate dinner at our dining room table on Monday night. woohoo!
We didn't just work all weekend as there was some play - Mark got his new "toy" delivered Friday and that meant it needed to be tested out. I got to drive the Deere too when I helped put in the mail box post. Mark is becoming more and more handy thanks to the internet. He printed out instructions on how to put in a mail box, installed it and then helped out some poor guy at Lowe's when we went back to pick out a better box. We also went to a football game at West Point Friday night and picked apples, nectarines, and plums on Monday afternoon. Sunday we went to a BBQ at the neighbors - Saturday??? hmmm.... oh yes, dealt with three delivery people at once. They never show up on a time and then they show up all at once. So it's back to work for the week - that's a good break!

No comments: