Monday, September 8, 2008

Better than the Kirby Man?

A while back Julie mentioned the Kirby man and I think we've met his twin brother the Water Man - nicknamed Yahoo. We invited in 3 water people to test our water and recommend a system the weekened we moved in. We knew we had sulfer. So we called the person our inspector recommended, Mark called some Yahoo from the phone book and we met the Culligan man at the fair. Yahoo comes first and says we have sulfer and it is creating bugger slime in the toilet tank. No duh. We knew that. Water is hard, etc. Inspector dude comes and says the same thing. Culligan man is actually a lady and she says the same. Of course all three tests are quite different in numbers. So inspector dude and Culligan recommend different chlorination systems with carbon filters to take the chlorine back out. Yahoo recommends some other system that Inspector dude says will plug up right away. Yahoo says chlorinators make your basement moldy. Ever hear of a dehumidifer? Yes, they work amazing I know.
Since Inspector comes highly recommended we go with him. Yahoo is mad we didn't choose him and he calls Friday night to yack my ear off. Very annoying to the point of harrassment. He calls on Mark's cell phone and asks for me! Then Saturday we are in the middle of trying to clean out the office and some new guy shows up. Uninvited may I add! I made Mark answer the door not really knowing who it was. Turns out he's been sent by Yahoo to sell us a $7000 Rainsoft system. Go blow air bubbles buddy! They don't even work for the same company! What the heck? After he introduces himself he heads back to his car to get his kit. At this point I tell Mark I am not dealing with him that I'm ummm... deaf - yes that's it - I can't hear. Awful lie I know, but I can't stand this anymore. I hate water people! Leave us alone - there are many ways to deal with sulfer and ours is really not that bad. It's very mild honestly. So Mark says he will get rid of him if I let him take a nap. DEAL! The guy never made it in the house! YAY! I'm so happy!
And Mark was such a sport - he never took that nap!

2 comments:

julie said...

$7000 for a water system?! Does it turn it into oil? That would solve your expensive heating bill problem.

Katie said...

I wish! Never even let him talk so I have no idea! Maybe we should have and then said NO.