Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Hanna

Mark informed me last night that we might have our first hurricane in NY. Huh? You're kidding right? Hanna is expected to hit tonight and tomorrow. Now I still have way too many boxes to unpack so the thought of it raining and us not going to the Army game tomorrow is fine by me. I can also sleep in!!! So this morning Mark calls to tell me it's "busy" at work. That means people are buying lots of groceries. Huh? Oh yes, the hurricane is coming - silly me. I think it's a bit of over kill - I mean how many blizzards and snow storms have I lived through? I did hear that Long Island (over an hour south of here) might get some "winds" on the radio - no mention of how fast those winds will be so that leads me to believe maybe 40 mph or something silly. The DJ's were actually laughing about it. They must not get many real storms around here or something. I'll be sure to take pictures of this one!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

just have some candles and water, fill the tub so you can flush. in case you lose power.