So we have a new cable provider - Time Warner. Now that I have the remote control figured out we are good to go - I couldn't figure out how to use it so I wasn't watching TV unless Mark turned it on. Finally asked him last night how to work it. Well you push the power button. Duh - but I swear it didn't work for me when I did that. So now I can watch TV and smooth packing papers. Woohoo! So like most of you I'm struggling to find something good to watch - you know there is NOTHING on TV right now. We did some channel surfing last night and low and behold we have two local 24 hour news stations. One is great. NY 1. Live news all the time and it's not just New York, but pretty close. They even have a team at the Republican Nat'l Convention. And with our remote you can do live voting on issues. what fun! Not sure if it works or not, but I pushed B for the heck of it.
The other news station is the Hudson Valley News station and let me tell you it's just like 9 & 10 News out of Northern Michigan, but better. Hilarious! The weather man has the biggest puffiest eyes I've ever seen in real life and his hair is surely not a wig, but should be! It's almost like watching the comedy channel. We ended up watching Wipeout, which I've watched a few times and find funny. It's way better than the RNC. I mean who wants to hear about some crazy pick of a VP when you can watch people get sucker punched in the face and then fall in mud or bounce off the big balls. Crazy people. It was the last 15 minutes where they try to jump on the big rotating wheel and end up in foamy water. I hope it wasn't soapy tastying foam. My guess is those poor suckers are really sore the next day. oh, yes back to unpacking....
5 comments:
We haven't watched TV in months, nothing but crap on. Not sure why we are paying for it but soon fall TV will start and let's not forget the pain of football season. I am so used to doing other stuff at night, going to be an adjustment to get back on TV schedule. Better make it worth my time.
I love a good blog about tv.
Sorry-that last one was me and not ryan.
Yes a good TV blog.
My best friend. :)
I had to get Showtime so I can watch my favorite show Dexter. You should check it out. It's on demand so when there is nothing on I can watch that, and read. lol
Can't wait to see some photos!
We watched 3 Jay Leno's last night and the 2008 Best TV ads show. It was very good. Especially since we never see the ads, go TiVo
Post a Comment