Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring?


If anyone is a flower geek I'd love to know what kind of lily this is so I can plant some at our new house. I love the double layer of petals. Maybe if the house doesn't sell soon I can pull some up for transplanting?
I know the first day of spring was last week, but it's taking it's sweet time showing up here. Now I can't whine too much - we didn't have that snow last week, but the sun is just teasing us here. I did spot some buds on the tree's when I was walking today so that's a good sign - wanting hot cocoa when I got home was not. Obviously it's still cold out.
Oh I keep forgetting... the Dollar Store stunk. For being new it surely had way to much crap in it - no finds except for a mug. Our dish set came with 4 ounce tea cups. Ummm... not big enough!

2 comments:

Marjie said...

There are billions and billions of lilys. Just dig some up. You own them yet. Bummer about the $ Store. Maybe you need to look harder.

Andrea said...

You can dig them up even after. When we first moved in there were beautiful flowers next door, which was for sale at that time. As soon as the sign came down the previous owners came back and took everything. Didn't think much of it until the new owners got there and wondered where the hell their flowers went. It's very not nice, but people do it.