I recalled several tips from other people on how to make your house smell good when it's for sale. So yesterday I know someone is coming at 6:30 so I pull out this log of sugar cookie dough to bake. It's been in the fridge since Christmas (not expired however - gross I know). I can't quite smell it so I make some shortbread bars with chocolate. By this time I never want to eat another cookie. I still can't really smell it so I use Rae's trick... fabric softener sheets in the vents. That works! And I smell like a laundry queen. I hate doing laundry so this is fantastic! So the people show up and I've been told by my realtor to stay in case they have questions. Yes, weird I know, but I do it. I keep seeing this car pull up out front and leave. Finally after 45 minutes someone knocks on the door and it's this lady saying her realtor is running late and can she come in. I can tell she's a bit nervous so at this point I'm like sure I don't care. Finally her husband also comes in and I show them all over the house. Now while I didn't lie about my answers I was careful on how I answered. I'm so good. And I remembered to take out the fabric sheets too so they wouldn't know my secret.
In the middle of my tour my neighbor calls - can I bring over your Girl Scout cookies? Of course I need more cookies! Not. Then the realtor finally shows up and he wants to see the house. So the half hour showing turned into 90 minutes and I didn't get to eat dinner. What's a girl to do? So I followed Rae's advice again and had thin mint cookies and MILK! One full glass per serving, which is 4 cookies for those that don't know. That's all it took to fill me up - probably helps that I was eating those other cookies earlier in the evening. So today I am bringing all my cookies (minus the Girl Scout ones of course) to work. They love to eat the breakfast of champions around here and I'm sure they'll be scarfed in 10 minutes.
3 comments:
Make bread in your bread maker. If you leave it in the machine it smells wonderful for hours.
Chocolate chip cookies are good too. Break apart ones of course.
yes this weekend it will be choco chippers that I make.
OH you are too funny :) Don't forget about St. Joseph! If the ground if frozen put him in a potted plant!
hugs
rae
Post a Comment