Friday, March 21, 2008

What's a Girl to do?

WITH GOOD FRIDAY OFF! Sleeping in sounded like a great idea, but Mark had to work and our apartment is small so I hear everything. I'm sure my upstairs neighbor is not very happy with me at this point - I vacuumed at 8:00 am and then I remembered that we had discussed not hearing her get up this morning and I commented she must have the day off too. Oops! Again what's a girl to do? I have to clean so I can get onto other fun things today. My mom will be proud - I found that the closest store to us is a Dollar Store (haha) and it's well within walking distance. Might as well check it out today. I'm putting off my walk for that reason - I'm sure they aren't open yet. Speaking of walks it's very hilly here so it's a totally different kind of walk - I'm sure it will help me burn off the dessert(s) I had last night.
We've been not so good about eating at home and Mark wanted a hair cut so we searched out a Super Cuts and I scouted out dinner spots. The first place was some Italian joint with slow service. After 10 minutes we got up and walked out - didn't even have the water on the table yet. Then I recalled seeing a cool place back down the road. Double O Grill, Bakery, & Bar. There was a wait, but seeing how there were just two of us we got seated right away in the bar. Now NY is different there is no smoking allowed in bars or restuarants so it was no big deal. The menu reminded me of Cheesecake Factory and I totally missed the dessert case when I walked in because of the crowds - Mark did not. So we ordered and I made a deadly food error that I will not repeat. I got a sandwich with brie on it and while I love brie it's not good on a sandwich - gross. Mark got a spicy buffalo chicken sandwich and since we were sharing I got to eat half of his - more than enough food so I didn't go hungry. We rarely order dessert so while I was drooling over the dessert menu I was sure we weren't getting anything and then Mark tells the lady he wants the banana creme pie - woa! Must be he was still hungry as his wife ate half his sandwich. Then he looks at me like what are you getting and I have to tell her to come back because I want to go look at the glass case. I got some melting chocolate thing - lava thingy. Yum. We asked for them to go - smart, smart - we have leftovers to enjoy tonight. Both servings were huge! Now the question is do I wait until tonight or suprise Mark with a clean fridge? LOL~ We are going there on Easter - the brunch looks great.
I finally found a camera so I'll post some pictures later today and maybe even change my header picture with a view of the river. That means I need to get moving! Happy Easter!

No comments: