We have never lived anywhere with a Cheesecake Factory within an hour so going there is still a special treat for us. Even here it's over an hour. I'll take any excuse to go near one. Generally it's a trip to a real mall - the mall in Newburgh and the mall in Poughkeepsie don't count as malls in my opinion. Just big shopping centers indoors. I mean what mall has a Target in it?
Mark has some birthday "coupons" to use so tonight we are going to Cheesecake for dinner and then off to a hockey game in Albany. The Rochester Amerks (his favorite AHL team other than the Griffins) is playing there. It's about an hour plus a few to get there so close enough for a date night once in a while. Last time we were there we hit PF Changs - another favorite - and while it was busy we got in in under 30 minutes. I heard the hostess tell someone that they sometimes have 5 hour waits - maybe this was in Connecticut... wrong city. Anyway my point is who the heck would wait 5 hours to eat dinner? Ever hear of reservations? They do take them. I think it says a lot for a city when a wait for good food is that long - your restaurants suck and there is room to open a few more good ones! I mean PF's is good Chinese and not over the top $ wise, but 5 hours. Get a life or get take out.
So the big debate ... what do I order? Something new or the same thing we always get. I'm feeling brave so I think I'll be checking out the menu a bit more closely.
No comments:
Post a Comment