I had some goals for this weekend - namely getting the garage organized enough to fit in both cars (check!) and putting some pictures and stuff on the walls (check, check)! Handy man Mark also put the mirror on our dresser - we've had this mirror since just before we were married and in one house it didn't fit in the room and the next house the dresser that it would go with was in the guest room and we never got around to attaching it. You see to attach it you have to use a drill and we prefer a hammer for most projects. So we now have a mirror on the dresser in our bedroom and Mark used the drill. This means I won't be keeping stuff on top of the dresser any more. Why you ask? LOL! The junk reflects in the mirror making the mess look twice as bad as it is!
For dinner tonight we are making chili dogs - I even found a recipe to make the chili sauce. I'm getting braver and love the Food Network website. I first googled Pixie coney sauce to see if there was a knock off out there. (do I hear Julie gagging? She is on the Wall Of Fame there for eating way too many coney dogs in one hour in high school. I think six. I never tried...) I didn't see one, but I did see a comment by one person that the show "World's Dirtiest Jobs" should come visit the Pixie because cleaning those chili pans and grease wells is the nastiest job in the world. That's enough to make me laugh! Obviously they haven't had too many jobs in life. So anyway I did find a good recipe and it's now simmering on low. The secret... pulse the cooked meat and onions in a food processor and then add the saucy stuff. It looks like the real thing - Mark will be the ultimate tester. I'm hoping it turns out! If it's anything like pixie sauce I will share the recipe.
4 comments:
I cant wait to see you in Feb!! I miss you lots. Tell Mark hi
I ate 8 bitty burgers instead of 6 coney dogs to get on the wall... it was mostly bread, no big deal.
Did I know about the Pixie Wall when it happened? You girls had a whole life that I never knew about. If the recipe is good, send it to me.
The thought of coney dogs make me gag. I just remember once when they were running a special mom would buy a lot. As a treat. Cured me from ever wanting one again.
Post a Comment