Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!

Today is Mark's favorite day of the year - his birthday! I made his cake last night and he even got to have a piece with ice cream - we had a repeat tonight and I sang my version of Happy Birthday - it's very short in case you are wondering. I almost had a cake disaster twice yesterday - first the oil was a bit old and then I had no frosting. Mark picked up the oil and I made the frosting - I had some chocoate squares on hand and it was very good! Yummy fudgy topping!
And the gift... well let's just say that is not my strong suite because I've been so busy this month, but I did manage to come up with something while he was off at drill tonight so he will get it tomorrow and open his gifts then. I was late coming home from work and we made it a pizza night so he could make it to drill on time. Drill is his weekly volunteer firefighter event and it can last from one to three hours. Tonight is three hours - quite the trooper to be going on his birthday!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Happy Birthday to Mark. I don't know why I didn't get my email notice about it this year. Sorry. we'll make it up to you.